I guess I should probably start by saying that it wasn’t my intention to go totally M.I.A. these past few months, however I realise that’s what’s happened. My blog is basically covered in cobwebs and I reckon its definitely time to dust then off – oh and update my blog link, that too! Do I have an excuse for my inactiveness in the blogging community other than busyness? Not entirely. I just think truthfully, I haven’t had it in me. I don’t have much energy to do anything other than eat chocolate and re-watch Supernatural episodes these days.
I haven’t read much either (much to the disappointment of my bookworm heart) or should I say anything. It’s horrible, I literally look at my bookshelf and am plagued with guilt. It’s not because I don’t want to because my heart is aching for an incredible YA contemporary right about now, but there’s just something blocking me. And if you’ve been reading the few posts I’ve published this past year, you’ll know that there has been for a long time.
I haven’t quite figured out what it is that’s been blocking my creative juices, but I’ve realised that blogging and reading aren’t the only thing that’s been affected by “whatever” this is. *insert mystery music here*. So while I’m working on getting back to my old self, I just thought I’d just be truthful instead of making promises that I can’t keep. They do say that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?
So while I am here, I wanted to share with you some things that I have been doing. You know, gotta balance the bad out with the good. Make myself feel less guilty.
- Starting, catching up on and re-watching Supernatural; Why did it take me so long to jump on the SPN train? That show is my new religion, I could write essays on why Sam and Dean Winchester deserve all the happiness in the world and not just because they're unbelievably attractive.
- Completing my final exams for the year; All I can say is good riddance.
- Working; *plays "For the Love of Money" by the O'Jays*
- Becoming grape friends (grape was intentional) with Fi from Books for Birds; You get weird when I compliment you so I'm not gonna but ily.
- Occasionally reading awesome and amusing as hell celeb autobiographies; Yes I’m looking at you, “You’re Never Weird on the Internet (almost)” and “Why Not Me?”. Sidenote: Read these books, they were seriously great. Felicia Day & Mindy Kaling need to befriend me stat.
- Screaming my lungs out with 76,00 other Taylor Swift fans at the 1989 World Tour; I was reborn that night.
- Becoming a frequent Ice Coffee Frappé buyer at MacDonald’s; Shout out to the peeps at Maccas who make my Frappé's so delicious every time.
- Meeting Little Mix in October; Long story short, I died.
- Becoming even more Feminist AF (did I just say that?); I have a lot to say about the topic and if you’re bored enough to wanna hear some of it, click here.
- Loving The Walking Dead Season 6; I told you suckers that _ _ _ _ _ was alive.
Before I go back to wasting time on netflix, I wanted to apologise again but also to say thank you for all of the bloggers and authors who still interact with me on twitter and the publishers who still send me books. You guys rule and inspire me to crawl out of hole and try again. Without promising anything, I'm gonna hopefully kick this slump in the behind and I'll see you next when I see you next.
PS. Anyone have any books that are so awesome even book slump me will swallow it whole?