A Sunny Spot blog is two years old today. Happy Birthday Blog! Party time..
Today is my 2nd year Blogoversary and if you don't know what that means, it means.. My blog is now officially 2 years old. I don't have anything grand planned because as you may or may not know, I am the Queen of Procrastination and scheduled this only days before. But I do want to say a thank you to all of the lovely people who have supported me throughout my blogging experience and pass a piece of virtual cake to you all. It means a lot! Here are a list of things I achieved in my second year of blogging.
In my second year of blogging…
In my second year of blogging…
- Emma over at The Graphicness designed a beautiful and matching blog header and button for my blog.
- I joined Goodreads.
- I joined the Goodreads 'Teen Bloggers Group' and became a moderator.
- I finally got the courage to request review books and I am now reviewing for 8 publishing companies.
- I joined Twitter, got addicted and made many lovely Twitter & Blogging friends.
- A Sunny Spot Blog won 'Nicest Blogger' in the Bloggy Awards.
- I started writing '2 Diva's Bookish Discussion's' with Francoise.
- I hit over 54,381 page views.
- I reached over 150 GFC and Bloglovin followers.
- I went to various bookish events including PTA Live and the Allegiant and Bone Season Launches.
- I went to a meet up with some lovely bloggers and publishers from Australia.
- I ran my first ever giveaway, 2 to be exact.
- I read 100 books.
- Met in real life and virtually some awesome bloggers *tackle hug*.
I think I have the best blogging buds ever! You guys are all so crazy and awesome. I just love that we can be weird and crazy together and that's the norm. Our conversations can range from a simple hi to book boyfriend fights to taking over the world. Whenever I chat with any of you it always puts a smile on my face and I thank you for that. I feel as though I should write a sentence about each of you but it's such a big community of awesome that I'd be here all day, I'm sure you all know who you are.
I also want to give a big thanks to my Mom who helped me set up my blog in the first place and is always supporting me.
I have many authors and publishers to thank for being so generous as to send me out a book or for just simply saying hello. You've all been so supportive and it means a lot to me. I want to give a special thanks to authors Natasha, Holly, Ellie, Jacqueline and Erin. Also thanks to Amanda, Lara, Sonia, Dot, Sandra and all the publishers who put up with my late reviews - I plan on changing that.
Blogging and Reading Goals
This year I want to focus on being more organised and up to date with my blog. There are times last year where my poor blog was neglected and it's not something I'm planning on repeating. I'd love to post a minimum of two times per week with posts scheduled ahead of time. Last year I got a bit excited with the aspect of reviewing for publishers and requested when I really didn't need to. I'm not going to be requesting until I have throughly attempted each of my review books and reviewed them, which is going to take a while. I want these reviews to be of a better quality and in much more detail. I'd also like to extend my vocabulary and improve my grammar. Other than this here are a few things I'd like to do..
- Write more Discussions.
- Read a Classic.
- Participate in more features.
- Sort out and read from my TBR Pile.
- Comment on other blogs more often.
- Talk to more bloggers.
- Reach 250-300 followers.
- Read at least the first Harry Potter book.
- Write More.
- Meet more bloggers.
Anyway that's it from me! Thank you for all your support and I hope this year I can with your help, make my blog better than ever!