IT’S MY BLOGOVERSARY! *launches confetti canon*
It’s only just lately that readers are beginning to earn respect but reading is often looked down upon as the nerdy or uncool thing to do. Because if you read, then surely you must also be an a+ maths student and gamer extraordinaire right? No, that is totally not that case. As I’m far from either of those things.
What I’m trying to say is that back then, I didn’t have a community of people who I could talk to that shared my passion towards reading and writing. I couldn’t think of anyone other than my family who’d wanna read the reviews I’d written for fun on microsoft word, especially not on their own will. Basically, I needed to talk to someone who understood what it felt like to have feels that on a scale of 1- can’t even, were on a “can’t even”.
|Yes, this is indeed a 2015 headshot in celebration of my blog turning 3!!|
Fast forward to present day, another 3 years later and I'm still happily the girl behind A Sunny Spot. I continue to blog because well.. it’s really awesome talking to people from all over the world who understand just how amazing and magical it is to be a reader and blogger.
I’m not usually someone who keeps up things, I often go for it in full throttle until suddenly I’ve just given up. So I’m really happy that despite the blogging & reading blocks and the sometimes stress and overwhelmingness to review and read books, I’m still at it 3 years later and I hope to be at it even longer. Because I love this and I would love for my third year of blogging to be my best! Which is why I’m setting myself some goals and getting psyched for 2015.
- Don't neglect poor blog - sadly this happened last year but that's so 2014 right?
- Post twice a week (at least once) - regular content is important for me, I'll be focusing on this a lot.
- Do more blogger collaborations - there are way too many epic bloggers out there to not do this, let's make magic happen.
- Dedicate some time each week to returning & responding to comments - I truly sucked at that
thislast year, sorry!
- Schedule posts ahead of time - this would have saved me so much stress.
- Plan posts and organise reviews - I should actually start jotting down when reviews need to be up so that I can prioritise books.
- Review more of the books I get sent - really need to up my game because my to be reviewed pile is towering way too high for comfort.
- Read 50 books - that's my goodreads challenge for the year and I know I'm capable of beating it so it would be a real shame if I didn't.
- Have my blogging game strong - beast mode activated.
Thank you to everyone who has stuck by me and my little blog these past couple of years - even when I myself neglected it. There are so many bloggers, publishers, authors, readers and family members who have made running this blog so much more worthwhile. Big thanks to all of you and in the mean time, my final verdict is: